Sunday, March 21, 2010

Little Superhero Cape


Last week we were watching a Barney & Friends episode on PBS and one of the characters, I think it was BJ, was pretending to be a superhero. He was wearing a cape and my little one begged me to get one for him.


We coudn't find one locally, so I started looking online. I found some toddler's custom made capes for $35 plus shipping and handling and I thought they were on the expensive side. I also found instructions on how to make one and decided to give it a try. I bought one yard of red cotton fabric for $2 and I already had some yellow and blue felt (for design). Yay! I finally had a chance to use my sewing machine that had been collecting dust since the last time I used it to make curtains for the formal dining/living area of my home.


In the original pattern I found online they used fabric hook-and-loop fasteners but my son was complaining it was uncomfortable, so I went to J's and bought a fashion fit clip for $4. I removed the elastic fabric and then the clips were hand sewn to the cape. It is not perfect, but he loves it!!


5 comments:

  1. How wonderful. In his eyes, it is perfect and that is all that matters. Think of the hours of fun he is going to have being a super hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great-great job! And, your son looks just too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. He wears it all day, every day, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leirad,
    I have an award waiting for you on my blog. Shari (cricutrookie)
    The cape is adorable!

    ReplyDelete