Saturday, August 6, 2011

Buzz Lightyear in 3D

Hello my friends, The heat is unbearable here in North Texas, so we spend most of the time indoors and need to find ways to keep ourselves occupied.  So, I just wanted to make a quick post about the wonderful project my little son and I worked this afternoon.  My little one chose to play with HIS Cricut (yes, he thinks it's his toy) and he chose to make something from the Toy Story cartridge.  He picked the 3D Buzz Lightyear.  We used Provo Craft Design Studio software and a 24x12 mat.  My son picked the colors and I thing he did an amazing job since they are very close, don't you think?


I have to say it was not an easy task (it took us about 2.5 hrs to complete it) putting it together but with the help of my husband we completed it and it looked amazing.  More importantly, my son loved it!! Thanks for stopping by.


Tools:

  • Cricut Expression
  • Toy Story Cartridge
  • Glue pen
  • Spatula
  • Tweezers (life savers!!)
  • Patience, patience and more patience, hahahaha.
Materials:

  • Assorted cardstock from Joann's open stock
  • SU! Blossom Blush cardstock (retired, sadly)
  • Light blue marker (for the eyes)

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing! So cool that you all worked on it. The Cricut is a family fun night activity. Thanks for the sweet comment on my Cricut 360 card. Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your Buzz is so cute! Looks great! Your blog is the only information I can find to build him. No help from Cricut at all. I'm having a difficult time like you did. Do you happen to have a picture of the back of him that you can share? I have no idea how it's supposed to look. Thank You for any help! Cindi

    ReplyDelete